6 SMS messaging stats to surprise you
Take a look at 6 important SMS messaging stats that will certainly convince you to integrated the valuable SMS messaging channel into your marketing strategy for ever.
In a previous blog post we talked about the key features that set SMS apart from all other messaging channels. Of course mobile technology continues to evolve, but text messaging remains a preferred business approach by many.
And for good reason! If you still haven’t integrated this valuable channel into your marketing strategy, take a look at the 6 SMS messaging stats below that will certainly convince you to do so.
1. 8 trillion text messages are sent every day worldwide (by Statistic Brain)
This number alone makes SMS the most used data service around the globe.
2. 99% of users will read every text message they receive (by MobileSquared)
This makes SMS the most effective channel to reach users compared to all other channels available.
3. 95% of texts are read within 3 minutes of being sent (by MobileSquared)
Meaning that SMS is the fastest channel out there to get your messages read.
4. 89% of customers reported they prefer messaging to communicate with businesses over phone calls (by Twilio)
Half of them prefer using native SMS.
5. 85% of consumers want their text message communication with brands to be two-way conversation (by Twilio)
Consumers not only prefer to communicate with brands through messaging, but they also want to be able to answer and engage in a conversation.
6. Mobile will Account for Nearly 80% of all Offer Redemptions by 2022 with SMS remaining the most popular channel (by Juniper Research)
There’s no doubt GDPR presents challenges for marketers. However, it also provides a rare opportunity to better understand customer needs and establish a foundation of trust – which can lead to a mutually beneficial relationship. After all, customer trust is what makes businesses grow!
Customers are more responsive to personalised one-time offers and coupons sent through SMS. These statistics show that nearly every business needs a mobile marketing strategy and SMS will definitely continue to be a dominant channel. If you are interested in learning more about how SMS marketing can help your business, don’t hesitate to signup here and try it out today!