6 SMS messaging stats to surprise you
Take a look at 6 important SMS messaging stats that will certainly convince you to integrated the valuable SMS messaging channel into your marketing strategy for ever.
In a previous blog post we talked about the key features that set SMS apart from all other messaging channels. Of course mobile technology continues to evolve, but text messaging remains a preferred business approach by many.
And for good reason! If you still haven’t integrated this valuable channel into your marketing strategy, take a look at the 6 SMS messaging stats below that will certainly convince you to do so.
1. 8 trillion text messages are sent every day worldwide (by Statistic Brain)
This number alone makes SMS the most used data service around the globe.
2. 99% of users will read every text message they receive (by MobileSquared)
This makes SMS the most effective channel to reach users compared to all other channels available.
3. 95% of texts are read within 3 minutes of being sent (by MobileSquared)
Meaning that SMS is the fastest channel out there to get your messages read.
4. 89% of customers reported they prefer messaging to communicate with businesses over phone calls (by Twilio)
Half of them prefer using native SMS.
5. 85% of consumers want their text message communication with brands to be two-way conversation (by Twilio)
Consumers not only prefer to communicate with brands through messaging, but they also want to be able to answer and engage in a conversation.
6. Mobile will account for nearly 80% of all offer redemptions by 2022 with SMS remaining the most popular channel (by Juniper Research)
Consumers are more receptive to personalised offers delivered via this channel, being protected by stringent regulation in Western markets which prevents high volumes of spam, compared to arguably less customer-minded channels such as email.
There’s no doubt that the compliance to the GDPR was a challenge for many businesses. However, it also provides a rare opportunity to better understand customer needs and establish a foundation of trust – which can lead to a mutually beneficial relationship. After all, customer trust is what makes businesses grow!
These six statistics show that nearly every business needs a mobile marketing strategy and SMS will definitely continue to be a dominant channel. If you are interested in learning more about how SMS marketing can help your business, don’t hesitate to signup here and try it out today!