We are looking for a talented Product Owner to join our team!
As a Product Owner you will be a member of the Agile Team, responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the Features or components for the team.
You will play a significant role in maximizing the value produced by the team and ensuring Stories meet the user’s needs and comply with the Definition of Done. This is a critical role requiring the Product Owner to support each member of Apifon's Agile Team.
Some of your other duties will include determining roadmaps for products and managing daily goals and schedules to achieve high performance and meet project deadlines. Early in a product’s lifecycle, you might strategize business value, collaborate with designers, analyze the competitive landscape, and define the marketplace. Once a product is released, you might interface with customers, gather feature requests, schedule new releases, and coordinate sprints.
Above all, a Product Owner’s goal is to deliver a successful product to users in a way that aligns with the company vision.
- Key duties and responsibilities
• Work with internal and external customers to analyze the needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals
• Work closely with product management and senior management in order to create a product that fits the company portfolio.
• Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
• Nurture ideas and solutions to existing customer problems
• Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
• Solve product-related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments
• Prepare the Iteration Planning and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
• Just-in-time story elaboration – Most backlog items are elaborated into user stories for implementation. This may happen before the iteration, during iteration planning, or during the iteration.
• Apply Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) – POs collaborate with their team to detail stories with acceptance criteria and examples in the form of acceptance tests.
• Accepting stories – The PO works with the team to agree on accepted story completion. This includes validating that the story meets acceptance criteria, that it has the appropriate, persistent acceptance tests, and that it otherwise complies with its Definition of Done (DoD).
• Identifies and helps the client understand the business model, value, and value proposition.
• Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product
• Follow our competitors and the industry
• Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Desired Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 3+ years of product or project development experience
• Experience as a Product Owner in the industry will be a plus
• MA in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field will be a plus
• Experience in sales or marketing is an advantage
• Overall understanding of technologies used in the product
• In-depth understanding of industry market conditions and trends
• Organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal.
- Soft Skills
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Great attention to detail
• Organizational skills
• Analytical mind
• Creative and innovative thinker
• Strategic thinking
• Outstanding presentation and leadership skills.
• Active listening
• Being part of an inspiring and friendly environment
• An annual amount for training purposes to develop your skills and expertise
• A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
• Private Health Coverage on a Company’s group program (requires one-year work)